International & Sprint Distance
Sunday, October 12, 2014 • 8am
To contact the race director: email@example.com
1. What is the race date?
Sunday, October 12, 2014
2. How do I register?
Register on-line at www.imathlete.com. Prices increase on August 1 and September 1. Register early as the race filled up and registration closed early in the past.
3. What is the cost for entry?
See our Registration Fees page
4. I can’t race, can I get a refund?
No refunds, no exceptions. You can defer 70% of your entry to 2014 but Imathlete will charge you for the deferral. See their website for details and the specific amount charged. You must request a deferral by October 8, 2014. No deferrals will be processed beyond this date.
5. Do I need a photo I.D. to pick up my packet?
6. I know someone who cannot race, can I use their number?
7. Do I need a USAT license to participate?
YES. All individuals and relay team members must furnish proof of current USAT membership or you will be required to purchase a one-day USAT license at packet pickup.
8. Can I have someone else pick up my packet for me?
NO. You must pick up your own packet or you will not be allowed to race. No EXCEPTIONS. Packet pick up is Saturday 9 am – 5 pm and Sunday 5:30 am. Due to the anticipated size of the event, we STRONGLY encourage you to pick up your packet on Saturday.
9. Can someone else check in my bike for me?
NO. Bike must be checked in by 7:30 am on Sunday. You must have your body marked and bike must be numbered before you will be allowed in transition.
10. What time does transition open on race morning?
11. What time will transition re-open to allow athletes to collect their bikes and belongings?
At approximately 11:30 a.m. We do reserve the right to keep transition closed until the last runner is out.
12. My registration information is wrong, what can I do?
You can edit your information on IMAthlete.com. Find the “My registration” button then enter your confirmation code from your registration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
13. Where do I pick up my timing chip?
Chip pick up will be at body marking the morning of the race.
14. What time do the awards start?
We will do our best to start awards at 11 am. However, we cannot begin the awards ceremony until athlete challenges to violations are resolved.
15. If I was unable to stay for awards, can I have it mailed to me?
Yes. You must send a check for $10.00 payable to Longleaf Triathlon to:
P.O. Box 295
New Port Richey, FL 34656-0295
16. I don’t own a bike appropriate for triathlons. Is it possible to rent a bike?
Yes, our sponsor, Chainwheel Drive rents bikes. Tri, road, and hybrid bikes are available in various sizes. More info can be obtained at their website www.chainwheeldrive.com, by calling 727-441-2444, or by emailing email@example.com.